Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dinner Anyone?

The planners just sent me a menu from which we are to choose our wedding evening dinners. I don't know what most of it is (because I am an uncultured American). The only thing that looks good to me is the chocolate at the end. Haha! Jon will want to be adventurous, I am sure. I guess I'll have to be too! Here are some examples. What would YOU choose?!!

Rondeur et veloute
Candied leeks with comte cheese
Steamed Chanterelles and trompettes de la mort mushrooms, yellow wine zabaglione

Ecume boisee
Intercalated boletus mushrooms and scallope-shell
Shallots juice and Champagne vinegar to spice, lemon emulsion

Terroir et tropiques
Poached with red wine foie gras
Light cream of Jerusalem artichoke with Madagascar vanilla, peanuts butter Chutney

Douceur oceane
See bass candied with champagne
Hazelnuts sand, quoit of gnocchis, overripes

Neptune et Bacchus
Spiral of sole in a red wine jelly
Melting apples and blancmange of sole, Port emulsion

Tendre bouquet
Piece of Calf
Candied salsify, cos lettuces stuffed with crispy calf’s sweetbread

Puissance du gout, harmonie des saveurs
Duckling in two services
Fried-pan suprême and legs in a confit

Sud et grand Sud
Figs tartlet
Montelimar nougat, ice cream with Tonka broad bean

Soleil d’Orient
Slices of oranges
Tea Marmalade

Peche croque d’Eloise
Chocolat dessert
Raspberry and pistachios flavours

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would get scallops and mushrooms, but i don't have the best picking a french dish background, i did eat some kind of bladder~becky

Peter said...

A few of these choices may have lost something in translation.

Sole is not an everyday dish in Paris--some restaurants ask that you order it a day or two in advance.

Susan always has a smile on her face when she's enjoying duckling in France. Does the duckling automatically come with frog legs or are those some other kind of legs in the confit?

I'm sure the gnocchis would be extraordinarily good, and not anything like the ones from Chef Boy-ar-dee.

What would I choose? I'd start with the candied leeks, and then it would have to be the Tendre Bouquet, if only for the crispy calf's sweetbread. And finally the chocolat dessert.

This is making me hungry...

Liz said...

Becky- that made me laugh!

Peter - that is very interesting to know! We are both planning to enjoy whatever it is that we are eating...when else will we be eating gourmet French cuisine in an apartment with a view of the Eiffel tower?!

I found the website of the company preparing our dinner:
http://www.lesdinersdeloise.fr/uk/index.php

Liz said...

also...you've had sweetbread? when i found out that it was the thymus gland of a calf, I was thinking that it wasn't for me...being somewhat of an endocrinologist and all.