Thursday, July 17, 2008

I finally booked something!


I finally booked something for the first three nights that we are in Paris...the 8th-11th. It's up in the 17th district, which is mostly residential. It's a great price so I don't mind being in an outer arrondisement. We'll be taking the metro all over the place anyways!
The 11th is the day we are planning to have our small ceremony. I'm beginning to think that I'll throw the consultant/planners to the wind and figure it out myself. Now how do I find a celebrant/officiant?

2 comments:

Peter said...

Congratulations Liz and Jon! The 17th is a beautiful district, and full of great food. Susan & I have taken the short metro ride to enjoy dinner there, and it's also home of the famous Marche Batignolles street market. What is your metro stop?

Have you contacted the American Church in Paris?

www.acparis.org/weddingfaq.html

Even if you don't get married in their church they may be able to recommend a celebrant who can preside in other locations.

Liz said...

I think Brochand is the nearest metro stop.

I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully they'll have some recommendations!

I'm trying to figure out possible locations and what permits are necessary if any. Buttes Chaumont looks beautiful.