Monday, July 14, 2008


I spoke with a wedding consultant in Paris this morning and it freaked me out a little. Everything is going to be more expensive than I was initially thinking. I'm going to have to get tough and tell these people to cut out the extras. They all assume I will want a make-up artist and hair stylist and harpist and tons of flowers and the most expensive photographer in France. Either I am going to have to really work to cut corners with these coordinators that envision some elaborate and fancy ceremony or else I'm going to sell my left kidney on the black market sometime in September.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep your kidney-cut the make-up artist and harpist-becky

Liz said...

i think even without that shtuff, it's going to be damn money grubbin'

=(

Anonymous said...

you don't need a wedding consultant either. don't they get a fee too? just take me along. i can pay for my own hotel. i can plan the entire thing for free. well, just pay for my flight and it will all be handled ;)
mandy

Peter said...

If you do decide to go with the make-up artist and harpist, you may find the best market for your kidney in India, rather than in France where health care is socialized or here at home where the free market remains stifled in the area of organ sales.

September flights to Delhi can be relatively inexpensive, since it is still the monsoon season.

Liz said...

Oh, Peter...your advice is invaluable! =)

And Mandy dear, Do you have references? Hahaha