Sunday, October 19, 2008

a few more from yesterday





We are back in Paris. We missed our train this morning by about ten seconds which meant we had to buy new tickets. What a bummer.

We easily found our last hotel where we are staying tonight and tomorrow. I always manage to forget something at the hotel. I think I left the shampoo in Bayeux and the soap in Nice. The toothpaste just plum ran out. I guess those are not such bad things to replace though.

We're both still pretty tired. I kept Jon up most of last night with my coughing fits. We had to get up around 5 to barely miss our train. I nodded off a little on the ride. Our replacement trip was about 3 hours longer than the one that we had reserved before we left the states. I'm not sure what sights we are planning to hit tomorrow. Maybe we'll just have a lazy day in Paris. I'm hoping to meet up with the photographer from our wedding so that we can get the photos asap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww suck about the train. but it worked out alright just different. a lazy day sounds like just the thing to do enjoy being in Paris. the gelato looked especially good.

Anonymous said...

We're sorry re the missed train, but are so glad to see your update and to know you're safely back in Paris...there was just a news flash about a 39 car crash in France because of fog...so glad you're safe and having a lazy day. Your photos are yet again beautiful and make us feel we're there too! Have a safe trip home. Love M&R

Anonymous said...

hey guys~
gertie is being so sweet, she was just curled up on the couch with me : ) hoe you enjoy your last full day tomorrow. so excited to see you soon!
love~becky

Anonymous said...

happy you made it back to Paris. This morning it was 26 degrees. brrrr The leaves are really pretty but may not last long since the frost.Can't wait to see you in 2 days. love mom