Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wednesday (catching up)







We arrived in Avignon last night via a TGV train from Rennes. The ride was about 5 hours. The hotel that we slept at last night was very close to the train station....but not so near town center or any kind of restaurants. The front desk clerk ordered us a pizza and that was great. It's about 6:30 right now. I woke up around 5:30 and showered because I was all congested and couldn't breathe. I'm sure being up this early will haunt me by afternoon. We decided last night to rent a car for the next couple of days. It's money that I didn't plan on spending, but we would have to carrying our luggage all over town and on more trains for the next few days. Besides, paying for the trains all over the south would add up quickly I am sure.

I finally had to toss my bouquet last night at Rennes before we got on the train. I'm such a dork that I kept the ribbon that was tied around it though.

We are planning to see Avignon this afternoon and then stay in Aix-en-Provence tonight. It's possible that we may stay in Marseille or Arles though. This is the first night of our trip that I don't already have a hotel reserved.

Le Mont-St-Michel was amazing. It was really cool to be there in the evening when it was basically empty. We walked all over, ate crepes, and then crashed pretty early. Driving to Rennes wasn't so difficult. It was pretty much a straight shot south from MSM. The scenery on the roads isn't so ugly either!

Speaking of my sickness, we went into a pharmacie and purchased a medication called "jour & nuit." It has four tablets per day...one for morning, midday, dinner, to sleep. The last one definitely helps me fall asleep but it doesn't knock me out the whole night like nyquil. They should get nyquil here in France.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey guys~
wow, you are really seeing France, it is so cool. crepes sound yummy. hope you feel better. look forward to tomorrows update. love you both~be safe~becky

Anonymous said...

What beautiful countryside you are seeing! Hope it's not cold. Take care of your cold, Liz,,,not fun to feel sick when you're traveling. Great shot of Jon from the bunker! Love to both of you.M&R