Thursday, October 9, 2008

Some thoughts on the photos below

We had such a long day of sight-seeing. I wore the worst shoes for walking all day and I am feeling the pain now. But it was a fun day for sure. There was one unhappy incident though. Some beggar gypsy woman wished death on me when I didn't give her any money. She waved her arms and said something about mort so I am pretty sure that she was not being so nice.

We had salty crepes with poulet and fromage. Those were pretty tasty. We also tried escargot...and I think it would taste pretty good if I didn't know it was snails. We also had chocolate croissants this morning. Those, of course, were amazing. I ate a salade parisienne...it was okay...lettuce, tomato, boiled egg, ham and cheese.

There were 400 spiraling steps to the top of notre dame. 280 spiraling steps to the top of the arc de triomphe. Our apartment is on the 7th floor. Stairmaster, eat your heart out.

The Eiffel tower was packed so we are going to try to go up it tomorrow morning maybe. There was some kind of protest going on outside of the Louvre...something about saving archiologie. I didn't even know it was in danger.

We bought museum passes and already have gotten more than our money's worth out of them. Also, the crypts below Notre Dame were not very cool. We got inside Notre Dame pretty early this morning so it was not very crowded. At the Orsay Museum, we saw a Picasso-Manet exhibit that just opened yesterday.

We are also getting more confident in our attempts to speak French. People seem to know what we mean so far. Aside from gypsy beggars wishing death on me, I think we have gotten along fine with everyone so far.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.