Monday, October 13, 2008

Morning in Honfleur

Right now, Jon is trying to shower in a bathroom that is entirely too small for him. I think he has to duck to get his head under the nozzle. I have been watching old pink panther cartoons. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and stuffy nose and just general sinus pain. I'm hoping we can find a pharmacie with something comparable to nyquil for tonight.

This hotel has been the exact opposite of the beautiful apartment that we stayed in last night. It's actually pretty funny. The night before: sole, duck, and foie gras......last night: mcdonalds. We were both so beat by the time that we got here that I just walked to the mcdonalds next to our hotel and ordered us some royales with cheese.

Today we are going to explore Honfleur a little and then we are on to Bayeux. Hopefully we don't get lost on the road as much today. The road signs here leave something to be desired. We need a better map of this area. Yesterday's driving was very stressful. I made poor Jon drive out of the city. We picked up our car in Montparnasse. Once we got on the highway, it was better...but still difficult to find the correct twists and turns.

In good news, Jon was able to smooth talk the front desk clerk into giving us free breakfast in honor of our wedding. I was still carrying around my bouquet when we checked in. The poor flowers are getting pretty wilted...but I can't bring myself to throw them our yet.

No comments: